hbase-user mailing list archives

From Nanheng Wu <nanhen...@gmail.com>
Subject Disabling a table taking very long time
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2011 22:21:33 GMT
>From time to time I run into issues where disabling a table pretty
much hangs. I am simply calling the disableTable method fo HBaseAdmin.
The table has ~ 500 regions with default region file size. I couldn't
tell anything abnormal from the master's log. When I click on the
region from Master's web UI I get the "RegionOfflineException". I am
using HBase 0.20.6 + Hadoop 0.20.2. My cluster has ~10 nodes with one
node running Master/ZK/NameNode. Can someone help me understand what's
wrong? Thanks!