hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Disabling a table taking very long time
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2011 22:30:25 GMT
To disable a region, it's memstore must first be flushed. That's done
sequentially for all regions that must be disabled inside a table.
There's not really a way around it unless you don't need that data.

If you're planning to disable a table but at the same time need it to
be unavailable for the shortest time possible, I recommend calling a
flush on the table from the shell first and then some time later doing
the disable. How much later you ask? Well there's currently no easy
way to tell, I usually just tail any region server log file until I
see they're done.

J-D