hbase-user mailing list archives

From Vishal Kapoor <vishal.kapoor...@gmail.com>
Subject async table updates?
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2011 22:31:51 GMT
I have two tables called LIVE and MASTER.
LIVE reports about the MASTER activity and I need to process records in LIVE
almost real time( some business logic)

if I need to store the activity of entities reported by LIVE rows in MASTER
say in ACTIVITY:LAST_REPORTED

I could process my data in LIVE and at the same time update the MASTER's
"LIVE REPORTED" attribute with value of current timestamp.
but I was wondering if I can update the MASTER table in a async call so that
I don't compromise on the speed.
was wondering if anyone tried to achieve this or even if it is advisable...

thanks,
Vishal Kapoor