hbase-user mailing list archives

From benchmark <zsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HTable client help
Date Sat, 26 Feb 2011 18:28:07 GMT
To add a bit more details:

on the server side, the average RPC time is about 2-3 ms, the cache hit rate
around 60%.

on the client side, around 50% returns within 0-1 ms, around 30% returns in
16-32ms, and the remaining 20% in 64-128ms range.

The client is doing random reads (HTable.get(Get)), the average data read is
about 1k bytes.

I'm told on the IRC channel that the average RPC (get_avg_time) is not
reliable for 0.20x, but is it off by that much? If not, then I'm having a
hard time understanding this.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks.