hbase-user mailing list archives

From edward choi <mp2...@gmail.com>
Subject How to make a CGI with HBase?
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2011 13:37:59 GMT
Hi,

I am planning to make a search engine for news articles. It will probably
have over several billions of news articles so I thought HBase is the way to
go.

However, I am very new to CGI. All I know is that you use php, python or
java script with HTML to make a web site and communicate with the backend
database such as MySQL.

But I am going to use HBase, not MySQL, and I can't seem to find a script
language that provides any form of API to communicate with HBase.

So what do I do?

Do I have to make a web site with pure Java? Is that even possible?

Or is using Hbase as the backend Database a bad idea in the first place?