hbase-user mailing list archives

From praba karan <prabas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Preparing Hbase for the Bulk Load
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2011 10:15:24 GMT
Hi all,

I ve been trying to load the Hbase with huge amount of data into the Hbase
using the Map Reduce program. Hbase table contains the 16 columns and row Id
are generated by the UUID's. When I try to load, It takes a time and gives
the exception as discussed in the following link.

http://web.archiveorange.com/archive/v/gMxNALiU1zbHXVoaJzOT

My job processed till 45 % of map, after that job failed and returned
exception as ''NoServerforRegionException, Connection Refused"

After that, Hbase shell stopped working. I tried restarting the cluster.
When I tried to disable and to drop the table. It produces the Following
exception

"ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.RegionException: Retries exhausted, it took
too long to wait for the table Sample to be disabled."

How to recover my Hbase-0.89 and is there any procedure to prepare the Hbase
for the Bulk Upload. My data contains the Rows in millions!

Regards
Jason