hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Using the Hadoop bundled in the lib directory of HBase
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2011 17:38:06 GMT
Oh, sorry.  Thanks for the noob POV Joe.  Invaluable.  Let me have a go at it.
St.Ack

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 9:21 AM, Joe Pallas <pallas@cs.stanford.edu> wrote:

> On Feb 7, 2011, at 9:02 AM, Stack wrote:
>
>> Here is our Hadoop story for 0.90.0:
>> http://hbase.apache.org/notsoquick.html#hadoop
>
> And for someone who is new to HBase and Hadoop, those two paragraphs are immensely confusing.
 First it says you have to build your own Hadoop, and then it says a copy of Hadoop is bundled
with HBase.

> The poor newbie is at a total loss.  Do I have to build my own copy of Hadoop or not?
 Can I download the latest 0.20.x Hadoop and just replace the hadoop-core jar with the one
from the HBase distribution?  And then all those other versions get mentioned, which just
makes things even more confusing.