hbase-user mailing list archives

From Joe Pallas <pal...@cs.stanford.edu>
Subject Re: Using the Hadoop bundled in the lib directory of HBase
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2011 17:21:25 GMT

On Feb 7, 2011, at 9:02 AM, Stack wrote:

> Here is our Hadoop story for 0.90.0:
> http://hbase.apache.org/notsoquick.html#hadoop

And for someone who is new to HBase and Hadoop, those two paragraphs are immensely confusing.
 First it says you have to build your own Hadoop, and then it says a copy of Hadoop is bundled
with HBase.

The poor newbie is at a total loss.  Do I have to build my own copy of Hadoop or not?  Can
I download the latest 0.20.x Hadoop and just replace the hadoop-core jar with the one from
the HBase distribution?  And then all those other versions get mentioned, which just makes
things even more confusing.

I think this could be clearer.
joe