hbase-user mailing list archives

From Peter Haidinyak <phaidin...@local.com>
Subject RE: Row Key Question
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2011 21:58:13 GMT
Originally sent to just Stack and now sent to the list.

If I assign a row key a random value the writes will be distributed and populating HBase will
be faster. On the other hand if my scans will bring back blocks of data (vendor by date) where
each block of data can have tens of thousands of rows would the retrieval process be faster
if the key wasn't random?

 Thanks

 -Pete

would be nice to prefix the key with a server Id and force the row to that server. With my
limited knowledge I don't know how  to do that yet.