hbase-user mailing list archives

From Shruti Krishnagiri <shruti_g...@yahoo.com>
Subject RESTServlet instantiation for 0.90.0 under Tomcat
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2011 08:38:45 GMT
I just hopped on to the HBase boat. I was looking for ways to use the REST
servlet within Tomcat and started to look for the Stargate WAR. I don't see that
under trunk but only under 0.20. Seems like the REST implementation has changed
in this release? I see org.apache.hadoop.hbase.rest.RESTServlet and the stargate
package is gone. I tried adding a servlet-mapping for this directly in my
web.xml but I get an instantiation error.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? HBase and my appserver are all on
the same machine.