hbase-user mailing list archives

From Chris Howe <how...@infochimps.org>
Subject Inconsistent META data for a region.
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2011 05:12:45 GMT
Howdy,

I was trying to use "add_table.rb" to restore a table that I had copied the hdfs
files for, and I had some trouble. Now when I run "hbase hbck" I get the
following:

ERROR: Region test,,1296067171940.0200bfe58a9e9fadf8ebfa523c47332f. found on
server 10.101.45.82:60020 but is listed in META to be on server ip-10-117-86-
81.ec2.internal:60020.
ERROR: Region test,,1296067171940.0200bfe58a9e9fadf8ebfa523c47332f. found on
server 10.100.225.127:60020 but is listed in META to be on server ip-10-117-86-
81.ec2.internal:60020.
Detected 2 inconsistencies. This might not indicate a real problem because these
regions could be in the midst of a split. Consider re-running with a larger
value of -timelag.

(I am running Version   0.89.20100924+28, r )

Now, this table is not at all important to me. However, if I drop it, these two
regions end up surviving, and hbck gives me a different inconsistency message
(... not listed in META...).

Is there a way that I can just zot these regions out and make hbase hbck happy
again? I do have a fair amount of data in some other tables that I would rather
not lose.

Also, does any one have any pointers for getting add_table.rb to work properly?
Whenever I run it, it creates the table schema ok, but it seems to miss the mark
on getting the regions registered. They either get assigned to the wrong
regionservers or they dont get assigned to anything. In either case, when I do a
scan of the table, I come up with nothing.

Thanks!

--Chris