hbase-user mailing list archives

From Sean <seanatpur...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Using the (GPLed) LZO codec in system and shipping products
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2011 20:26:56 GMT

I do not have intent to re-restribute HBase as GPL. Here I want to ask whether I will be forced
to open-source my business logic code (application layer code, I do not touch HBase-internal
code at all) if I use the LZO codec.

An IP lawyer would be necessary, but I believe 'laywer' needs to understand the technical
detail explanation as well.

Many thanks,
Sean