hbase-user mailing list archives

From hmch...@tsmc.com
Subject Re: Oracle schema to HBase
Date Sun, 16 Jan 2011 23:22:55 GMT
I didn't do anything about compression in HBase configure.
So you mean I can keep oracle schema in hbase with a compression method,
right?

Fleming Chiu(邱宏明)
Ext: 707-2260
Be Veg, Go Green, Save the Planet!

                      Ted Yu

                      <yuzhihong@gmail.        To:      user@hbase.apache.org

                      com>                     cc:

                                               Subject: Re: Oracle schema to HBase

                      2011/01/17 12:20

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      user

Which compression method did you use for your hbase table ?

Thanks

2011/1/16 <hmchiud@tsmc.com>

> Hi,
> I want to put a table of data from RDBM to HBase.
> Key is the same both in RDBMS and HBase, but I wonder how to put these
> columns data.
> All put in a cell with json format or keep it like RDBMS table's columns?
> Put in Json format, it will impact the ETL when a column's data changed,
It
> needs to know all other columns value and wrapped it
> into json format string. If keeps schema like RDBM, it will need more
extra
> data space to keep these column and cell inforamtion.
> Once we had 31G data , it grew to 500G if we keep the schema like RDBMS.
> Any suggestions?
>

> Fleming Chiu(邱宏明)
> Ext: 707-2260
> Be Veg, Go Green, Save the Planet!

>                                                         TSMC PROPERTY
>  This email communication (and any attachments) is proprietary
information
>  for the sole use of its
>  intended recipient. Any unauthorized review, use or distribution by
anyone
>  other than the intended
>  recipient is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended
recipient,
>  please notify the sender by
>  replying to this email, and then delete this email and any copies of it
>  immediately. Thank you.

                                                         TSMC PROPERTY
 for the sole use of its
 other than the intended