hbase-user mailing list archives

From Vidhyashankar Venkataraman <vidhy...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Unresponsive master in Hbase 0.90.0
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2011 19:23:31 GMT
We are working on trying to fix this (cc'ed Adam as well).

>> Hmm.. maybe before you restart remove the directory
>> hdfs://b3110120.yst.yahoo.net:4600/hbase/.logs/ completely so no files
>> to be processed on restart.

This one, I had tried during one of the attempts: and it created new logs directory and still
hung at some point which I think was the same point. (I will have to dig in to see what exactly
happened).

We havent yet looked at that part of the code, but why is the master even trying to issue
a split with an empty log/region in hand?