hbase-user mailing list archives

From Pablo Molnar <pablomol...@gmail.com>
Subject Persist JSON into HBase
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2011 19:30:32 GMT
Hi everyone,

In my company we are experimenting with HBase and I'd like to know the best
way to persist a semi-structured complex (3 levels) entity represented as
JSON to HBase.
I've already done successfully a Java client that persist rows in a table
and now my target is persist this JSON.

I've looked through the api and found a MapWritable class that could be
usefull because for me is very easy to convert the JSON enitity into a Map
and then persist it.

I really appreciate some example how I could implement this
If this is possible my next concerns would be how about if I want to create
and index by a key (of the Map)?

Thanks in advance,
Pablo Molnar