hbase-user mailing list archives

From Wayne <wav...@gmail.com>
Subject Recommended Node Size Limits
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2011 16:27:23 GMT
What is the recommended max node size in terms of data (using lzo
compression), region counts, and region sizes? I know there is no hard limit
and it should depend on the required load in terms of concurrent
reads/writes that the hardware can handle but I do not think that is true.
Based on real experience how many regions per node is too many? What max
region size is too big? Do production clusters have 3TB nodes with thousands
of very large regions? Where are the hidden cliffs that we should avoid?

Thanks.