hbase-user mailing list archives

From Eric <eric.x...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Data format in HBase
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2011 10:36:07 GMT
I've been looking at Avro and Protocol Buffers too. I'm storing multiple
properties, like a Tweet that has a user id, timestamp, message, etc. I
actually thought toBytes() would convert to string and then to bytes (stupid
assumtion). I think I´ll convert my Strings to the proper format (int's,
longs) and then use toBytes() because protobufs and Avro add too much
complexity in this case.