hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jack Levin <magn...@gmail.com>
Subject question about merge-join (or AND operator betwween colums)
Date Sat, 08 Jan 2011 04:01:14 GMT
Hello all, I have a scanner question, we have this table:

hbase(main):002:0> scan 'mattest'
ROW                                          COLUMN+CELL
 1                                           column=generic:,
timestamp=1294454057618, value=1
 1                                           column=photo:,
timestamp=1294453830339, value=1
 1                                           column=type:,
timestamp=1294453812716, value=photo
 1                                           column=type:photo,
timestamp=1294453884174, value=photo
 2                                           column=generic:,
timestamp=1294454061156, value=1
 2                                           column=type:,
timestamp=1294453851757, value=video
 2                                           column=type:video,
timestamp=1294453877719, value=video
 2                                           column=video:,
timestamp=1294453842722, value=1

We need to run this query:

hbase(main):004:0> scan 'mattest', {COLUMNS => ['generic', 'photo']}
ROW                                          COLUMN+CELL
 1                                           column=generic:,
timestamp=1294454057618, value=1
 1                                           column=photo:,
timestamp=1294453830339, value=1
 2                                           column=generic:,
timestamp=1294454061156, value=1

Note that  ['generic', 'photo'], utilizes 'OR' operator, and not
'AND'.   Is it possible to create a scanner that will not AND and not
OR?, in which case something like this:

scan 'mattest', {COLUMNS => ['generic' AND 'photo']}
ROW                                          COLUMN+CELL
 1                                           column=generic:,
timestamp=1294454057618, value=1
 1                                           column=photo:,
timestamp=1294453830339, value=1

Thanks in advance.

-Jack