hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Rawson <ryano...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Scan and addColumn and Filters
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2011 03:20:08 GMT
This is the expected result (un)fortunately.

It isn't javadoced at the top level, but deep inside you can find:

http://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/filter/SingleColumnValueFilter.html

where it says:

"When using this filter on a Scan with specified inputs, the column to
be tested should also be added as input (otherwise the filter will
regard the column as missing). "

Which is a little cryptic, but more helpful than nothing.

I just opened:  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-3479 If
you'd like to contribute.

-ryan

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 3:11 PM, Peter Haidinyak <phaidinyak@local.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>   I finally figured out what was happening with my scans not bringing back any results
when using some filters. It turns out if I don't add the column, via scan.addColumn(), for
the column I am filtering for the scan will not return data. I was trying to reduce the amount
of data being returned from a scan so I didn't add any columns I didn't need for display,
they are just used to filter results.