hbase-user mailing list archives

From Wayne <wav...@gmail.com>
Subject .META. Table
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2011 02:31:24 GMT
We are finding that the node that is responsible for the .META. table is
going in GC storms causing the entire cluster to go AWOL until it recovers.
Isn't the master supposed to serve up the .META. table? Is it possible to
Pin this table somewhere that only handles this?  Our master server and
zookeeper servers are separate from our 10 region server nodes but in the
end one of the region servers is responsible for the .META. table and we
sometimes see all requests drop to zero except on the server handling the
.META. table and the requests jump up to the number of regions+1 and back
down. This has lasted for as long as 5 minutes before the cluster goes back
to responding to requests normally. When we had a 1GB region size with LZO
it was 90% in this AWOL state.

Do we have our cluster set up correctly? Is it supposed to behave like this?

Thanks for any advice that can be provided.