hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Inconsistent META data for a region.
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2011 16:42:18 GMT
On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 9:12 PM, Chris Howe <howech@infochimps.org> wrote:
> Howdy,

Howdy back.

See in below.

> ERROR: Region test,,1296067171940.0200bfe58a9e9fadf8ebfa523c47332f. found on
> server 10.101.45.82:60020 but is listed in META to be on server ip-10-117-86-
> 81.ec2.internal:60020.

Could this region have been deployed on this server before you ran
add_table?  Or 'test' was a completely new addition.

If the latter, then this is a new spin.  add_table.rb effectively just
edits .META.   Somehow, the assignment of the just-added regions went
awry.  Can you grep this region name in your master log?  You might be
able to make some sense of what happened; was the region assigned two
places?

> Now, this table is not at all important to me. However, if I drop it, these two
> regions end up surviving, and hbck gives me a different inconsistency message
> (... not listed in META...).

Yeah.  Disable and drop are going by the content in .META.  Thats
supposed to be the authority.   You could restart these individual
regionservers (or restart cluster)?  That'd clean up the mess.

> Is there a way that I can just zot these regions out and make hbase hbck happy
> again? I do have a fair amount of data in some other tables that I would rather
> not lose.

Not in 0.89.x.  I believe you can send a direct close region to the
individual servers in 0.90 (I'd have to check) so you don't have to do
full regionserver restart.

> Also, does any one have any pointers for getting add_table.rb to work properly?
> Whenever I run it, it creates the table schema ok, but it seems to miss the mark
> on getting the regions registered. They either get assigned to the wrong
> regionservers or they dont get assigned to anything. In either case, when I do a
> scan of the table, I come up with nothing.

How did you make the table?  Was it with bulk loader?

St.Ack