hbase-user mailing list archives

From "M. C. Srivas" <mcsri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to rename table's family name
Date Sat, 08 Jan 2011 20:10:48 GMT
In general. there's need for a loose "schema" to allow not only renames of
columns and column-families, but efficient delete of entire columns or CFs.
(eg, mark this C as deleted in the "schema" and remove it during the next
major compaction). But implementing the master-coordination for this (for
instance, all RS's should delete 'atomically') will be interesting ....