hbase-user mailing list archives

From Oleg Ruchovets <oruchov...@gmail.com>
Subject bulk upload for multy column families
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2011 16:29:13 GMT
Hi
      I've read https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-1861 and read
mail list's post regarding this issue.

My questions are:
1) Am I understand correct that this features will be only supported
in 0.92.0. If yes when did you plan to release this version. Is it
complicated    to make changes supporting in order to support bulk loading
to multiple column in  latest already released version?
Simply  we are going to use it production and the most time consuming job is
hbase insertion.
Actually the time was  6 hours  to write ~5Gb ,  after some tuning
(using compression  , writing blocks/buffers ) it takes ~2.5 hour but it is
still a lot for us.

2) Currently we are using hbase 0.20.3. And we want to upgrade. What version
we should use?

3) I've read as much as I found about bulk loading but didn't find any
simple tutorial.

Thanks in advance
Oleg.