hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Unresponsive master in Hbase 0.90.0
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2011 19:29:17 GMT
On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 11:23 AM, Vidhyashankar Venkataraman
<vidhyash@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> We are working on trying to fix this (cc'ed Adam as well).
>
>>> Hmm.. maybe before you restart remove the directory
>>> hdfs://b3110120.yst.yahoo.net:4600/hbase/.logs/ completely so no files
>>> to be processed on restart.
>
> This one, I had tried during one of the attempts: and it created new logs directory and
still hung at some point which I think was the same point. (I will have to dig in to see what
exactly happened).

> We havent yet looked at that part of the code, but why is the master even trying to issue
a split with an empty log/region in hand?

Can you tar up one of these regionserver dirs and put it somewhere I
can pull?  I'll try it over here.
St.Ack