hbase-user mailing list archives

From Tatsuya Kawano <tatsuya6...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to improve the speed of HTable scan
Date Sat, 29 Jan 2011 08:11:25 GMT
Hi Jiajun,

2011/1/29 陈加俊 <cjjvictory@gmail.com>:
> final Pair<byte[][], byte[][]> ranges = table.getStartEndKeys();
>  final byte[][] startKeys = ranges.getFirst();
>  final byte[][] endKeys = ranges.getSecond();
>
> I scan the first range and delete the rows,and get the second range and
> delete the rows. But I find the ranges is not changed after about 5 minutes.

Those are start and end keys of each region and they don't change when
you put or delete rows until the size of the region reaches the
threshold and get split. Note that the region includes the startKey
and excludes the endKey, so the endKey is actually the startKey of
next region.

- Tatsuya

--
河野 達也