hbase-user mailing list archives

From Matt Corgan <mcor...@hotpads.com>
Subject Re: Enable Compression on a Table
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2011 01:20:44 GMT
Another issue is that hbase doesn't currently merge small regions together.
 After doing something similar, my regions shrank from 125mb to 5mb (large
prefixes), and since it's time series data they will never grow again... not
technically a problem, but they're a little annoying to look at.

There is a Merge tool, but it requires hbase to be shutdown, and I think can
only merge 2 regions at a time which could take a while.