hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: stargate 20.6 with hbase 20.2
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2011 20:11:49 GMT
Hey Mike: What Jon says.  You might want to check out yesterday's
announcment.  It has a paragraph on migration:
http://www.apacheserver.net/ANN-HBase-0-90-0-available-for-download-at1114872.htm

St.Ack

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 11:19 AM, Jonathan Gray <jgray@fb.com> wrote:
> The basic steps are the same, but to go from 0.20 to 0.90 there is no actual "migrate"
step.  On the HBase side, all that is required is shutting down the old version and coming
back up with the new version.  You need to handle the Hadoop upgrade as well as laid out
on that wiki page.

> You may want to backup your hbase directory on HDFS to be safe.  Once you upgrade to
0.90 there is no easy way to go back unless you have a backup.