hbase-user mailing list archives

From Nanheng Wu <nanhen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Use loadtable.rb with compressed data?
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2011 17:58:49 GMT
Awesome. I ran it on one of the hfiles and got this:
11/01/28 09:57:15 INFO compress.CodecPool: Got brand-new decompressor
java.io.IOException: Not in GZIP format
	at java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.readHeader(GZIPInputStream.java:137)
	at java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.<init>(GZIPInputStream.java:58)
	at java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.<init>(GZIPInputStream.java:68)
	at org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.GzipCodec$GzipInputStream$ResetableGZIPInputStream.<init>(GzipCodec.java:92)
	at org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.GzipCodec$GzipInputStream.<init>(GzipCodec.java:101)
	at org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.GzipCodec.createInputStream(GzipCodec.java:169)
	at org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.GzipCodec.createInputStream(GzipCodec.java:179)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile.Compression$Algorithm.createDecompressionStream(Compression.java:168)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile.HFile$Reader.decompress(HFile.java:1013)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile.HFile$Reader.readBlock(HFile.java:966)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile.HFile$Reader$Scanner.seekTo(HFile.java:1291)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile.HFile.main(HFile.java:1740)

So the problem could be that HFile writer is not writing properly
gzipped outputs?