hbase-user mailing list archives

From Tao Xie <xietao.mail...@gmail.com>
Subject performance regression after hbase restart
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2011 02:36:53 GMT
hi, I know regions will be reassigned when hbase cluster restarts. My
regionserver and my datanode sit on same physical node. So in my tests after
I restart hbase cluster, performance number drops, I guess this is due to
data locality problem. But in a further experiment, I increase the
replication factor to cluster size ( I have 8 nodes). After restart and
major compaction, the performance still cannot catch up with the best
scenario. I checked datanode log, most hdfs read has same src and dest node.

Anyone give me some hints on this? I wonder if anything happens during
region reassignment.

Thanks.

Tao