hbase-user mailing list archives

From Lars George <lars.geo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Building LZO jar
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2011 07:21:13 GMT
Hi Friso,

See https://github.com/toddlipcon/hadoop-lzo-packager/blob/master/run.sh#L127-133

Todd's is the most current AFAIK.

Lars

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 2:14 PM, Friso van Vollenhoven
<fvanvollenhoven@xebia.com> wrote:
> Hi Lars,
>
> The readme for this talks about the LZO from Google Code and using svn to get it. Does
it also work with the more recent versions on Github?

> I usually build these things manually and move things around myself. Also because I always
try to provide one hadoop+hbase binary + source dist internally that has all the native libs
for Linux and OSX, so it also works for the local installs on dev machines...

> Friso
>

> On 26 jan 2011, at 12:38, Lars George wrote:
>
>> I agree with Friso, using Todd's LZO Packager this is really easy:
>> https://github.com/toddlipcon/hadoop-lzo-packager
>>
>> Lars
>>

>> On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 10:41 AM, Friso van Vollenhoven
>> <fvanvollenhoven@xebia.com> wrote:
>>> Are you sure it is not a problem with the network on your side? Clicking the
link and downloading that jar works fine for me.

>>> I don't think jar files are either 32 or 64 bit, but the native libraries that
go with LZO are. I would recommend building them on your target platform/architecture and
not use libs that are built elsewhere.

>>> Friso

without having the correct lzo jar. Now HBase doesn't startup because of the missing jar.
I am trying to build the LZO jar but Ivy, for some reason, can't connect to

Ivy gets stuck at..