hbase-user mailing list archives

From Dani Rayan <dani.ra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tables & rows disappear
Date Sat, 29 Jan 2011 05:42:38 GMT
Hey,

This can happen in couple of scenarios:

1. If the "writeBuffer" value is quite large and the writes are too little
for "autoflush" to be called [default is 2mb for writeBuffer]
2. You have set the "autoFlush" to false and never call flushCommits

If you haven't configured  these properties in hbase-site.xml
Immediate soln:
> puttable.setAutoFlush(true); //  for your table in the code
> put.setWriteToWAL(true);  // this is for more reliability
I'm sure this would persist every single writes in table, but you need to
fine-tune these properties
for your reliability and performance levels.

-Thanks,
Dani
http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~iar3/