hbase-user mailing list archives

From Tatsuya Kawano <tatsuya6...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: impact of total region numbers?
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2011 02:45:18 GMT
Hi Tao,

I think the number of regions won't have much impact to random read throughput and latency.
But the number of generations (HFiles) per region will do.

If this is the case, try to run major compaction on the table. This will merge HFile generations
so the read throughput and latency will be recovered. You can do this from the hbase shell.

Also, you might want to increase  hbase.region.mstore.flush.size to keep the number of HFile
generations smaller.

Thanks,

--
Tatsuya Kawano (Mr.)