hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Gray <jg...@fb.com>
Subject RE: Scan with Filter
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2011 18:49:34 GMT
The API shows one row per next() call but the number of rows fetched per RPC can be configured
much higher with Scan.setCaching().

Filters are basically just server-side predicates that will dictate which rows/columns/values
will be returned to the client.  This does not relate to the number of rows sent per RPC.
 See http://hbase.apache.org/docs/current/api/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/filter/package-summary.html
for more information about filters.

JG