hbase-user mailing list archives

From manobal <mano...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TableMapReduceUtil.initTableMapperJob takes only 1 scan object
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2011 17:36:57 GMT

1 table will contain all the event types.. key is eventId (type of event) +
timestamp and value would be visitorId.. we want to find out all the
visitorId that has seen 4-5 specific event types in sequence..

As far as I understand the scanner object takes starting key and ending
key.. if that is the case we will end up scanning lot more data then
required because the table contains data for all the event types..

I hope it make sense.

Thanks