hbase-user mailing list archives

From Friso van Vollenhoven <fvanvollenho...@xebia.com>
Subject Re: Using HBase in combination with HDFS directly
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2011 15:03:48 GMT
Hi Peter,

Do you mean you want to use the HDFS that HBase relies on for other things and not just exclusively
HBase? That should be just fine. We do it all the time.

Are you worried about putting to much load on it? I guess that depends on the type of work
load that you have and what you do with it. But generally I think it is nice to have all nodes
be the same (so all workers are datanode and region server), such that you don't have to scale
out them separately.

Friso