hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Comanita <comanita.ste...@yahoo.com>
Subject disabling the WAL from the config file
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2011 15:26:42 GMT
Hi,

I am kinda new to the underlying part of HBase and I have a
question which seems trivial to me but i wasn't able to find an answer
for it, so here it goes: "how do I disable the Write Ahead Wall (WAL)
from the config file ?" i know about the setWriteToWAL(boolean) but i
would like to do it from a config file.

Setting one or all of the
 parameters hbase.regionserver.logroll.period,
hbase.regionserver.optionallogflushinterva,
hbase.regionserver.flushlogentries to 0 will do the trick ?

Thank
 you.

Comanita Stefan