hbase-user mailing list archives

From Chris Tarnas <...@email.com>
Subject Re: thirft mutateRows transaction
Date Sat, 11 Dec 2010 22:37:00 GMT
It surprised me when I read it and wondered if something special was going on for the Thrift
API. I saw the comment in the Hbase.thrift API file here:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hbase/trunk/src/main/resources/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/thrift/Hbase.thrift?view=markup

Look at the comment for the mutateRows method at around line 405.

thanks,
-chris

On Dec 11, 2010, at 11:12 AM, Stack wrote:

> Where do you see that?  HBase is not transactional.
> Thanks Chris,
> St.Ack
>
> On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 2:57 PM, Chris Tarnas <cft@email.com> wrote:
>> I was looking through the thirft API again and noticed that it said if a transaction
- comprised of updates to one or more rows - throws an exception then the whole transaction
is aborted. Does this mean that it is atomic and none of the updates will be executed or could
some subset of them be executed (which I assumed was the case before I read the comments again
recently).