hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: question about multi-transaction queries
Date Sat, 11 Dec 2010 18:55:00 GMT
How many columns?  Its columns right, and not column families?

Are the 1k rows contiguous?  Can you Scan?  For insert of 1k rows, you
know how to do that now, right?  Will they be substantial rows -- 10s
to 100s of ks? -- or just small?  Do you have multiput available in
the REST interface, I don't recall.

Try REST since you know that interface.  Jython might be faster though
a test done more than a year ago had jython as slow
(http://ryantwopointoh.blogspot.com/2009/01/performance-of-hbase-importing.html)
but a bunch has changed since then -- hbase-wise and jython has
probably gotten a lot better.  If jython route, make sure you keep the
interpreter afloat rather than launch it per request (so yes, fastcgi
would make sense).

St.Ack