hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: substantial performance degradation when using WAL
Date Sun, 19 Dec 2010 18:52:00 GMT
On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 1:23 AM, Friso van Vollenhoven
<fvanvollenhoven@xebia.com> wrote:
> Right now, however, I am in the unpleasant situation that my NN won't come up anymore
after a restart (throws NPE), so I need to get that fixed first (without formatting, because
I am not very keen on running the 6 day job again). I did a restart of everything to make
sure that anything that was swapped out before got back to memory, but I guess restarting
the NN could have better been left for another time...

You running secondary namenode?

What kinda NPE you seeing?

St.Ack