hbase-user mailing list archives

From Eric Sammer <esam...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: ssh passwordless login "without" public key authentication
Date Fri, 31 Dec 2010 22:33:52 GMT
What you're referring to is host key auth and there's no way to stop ssh
from using it. It's intrinsic to the way it works. What you can do is
disable strict host key checking such that ssh won't ask and will blindly
trust any host it connects to. This is a BAD IDEA, but can be done by
setting StrictHostKeyChecking to 'no' in the client's ssh config at the
machine level (in /etc/ssh/ssh_config) or the user level (in ~/.ssh/config).

A much better option is to automate the usage of ssh-keyscan (see the man
page) to "learn" new hosts in a controlled environment prior to deployment.

All of this is documented in ssh's various man pages. See ssh_config(5),
ssh(1), and ssh-keyscan(1) for details.

--
Eric Sammer
twitter: esammer