hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jack Levin <magn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: question about multi-transaction queries
Date Sat, 18 Dec 2010 00:53:00 GMT
So the language in question for a client is not in question.  Rather
the connector to hbase.  The end goal is to be able to say send only 5
GETs to get 1000 records quickly, rather then sending 1000 GETs to get
1000 records slowly.  So, besides the raw api functionality via Java,
I assume there is no multi-get in REST?

So, the design might have to look like this.  Create a connector to
HBASE thats loaded by Jetty, and have it act as a client face API that
would get a string of key to run GETs from.  Example:
"GET /connector/table'{1,11,23,17,180,533,N,..}"  (where N is a key)
is a query that will run multi-get via the connector and return all
values rapidly.   Another question is, have anyone done a sort of
connector before?

-Jack