hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jack Levin <magn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: question about multi-transaction queries
Date Fri, 17 Dec 2010 19:01:21 GMT
Lets just say its one row key with two columns.  Non contiguous
records.  We want to read as fast as possible.  So we did some tests,
and with MongoDB the random reads of 1000 records is about 80ms.
While HBASE with jython is 400ms or so.
Question is, as we develop our applications what is the best method to
retrieve many rows the fastest way possible?  We are talking about 1
client here, not many clients.  For many clients, REST seems to be
appropriate, but here we have a Frontend server rendering content
quickly and we need to reduce the query overhead for HBASE and get
data fast.

-Jack