hbase-user mailing list archives

From Lars George <lars.geo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: something wrong with hbase mapreduce
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2010 10:17:26 GMT
So you are using explicit time stamps for the put calls? Is this related to

by any chance? You have to be extra careful with explicit timestamps
as newer deletes can mask readding puts that have an older timestamp.

Try this:

1. Do the MR job
2. Do the delete from the shell
3. Check that it was deleted from the shell
4. Run a major compaction of the table on the shell (e.g.
"major_compact <tablename>")
5. Re-run the MR job
6. Check if the value is there again.

And finally let us know here :)