hbase-user mailing list archives

From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: HBase Bulk Load script
Date Thu, 23 Dec 2010 22:34:13 GMT
You beat me to it, Lars! Was writing a response when some family arrived for
the holidays, and when I came back, you had written just what I had started
:)

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 1:51 PM, Lars George <lars.george@gmail.com> wrote:

> live ones and then moved into place from their temp location. Not sure
> what happens if the local cluster has no /hbase etc.
>
> Todd, could you help here?

Yep, there is a code path where if the HFiles are on a different filesystem,
it will copy them to the HBase filesystem first. It's not very efficient,
though, so it's probably better to distcp them to the local cluster first.

-Todd
--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera