hbase-user mailing list archives

From Eric <eric.x...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase/HDFS in combination with EMC hardware
Date Sat, 01 Jan 2011 17:45:00 GMT
Peter, if you mean to use a SAN for storage in your Hadoop cluster, you
should keep in mind that using centralized storage defeats the whole purpose
of using HDFS. If you want to use it as a copy of your HDFS filesystem
contents for other purposes than running map-reduce jobs or HBase I think
there are better places to ask this question than this list.

Eric