hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Hiller, Dean (Contractor)" <dean.hil...@broadridge.com>
Subject hbase/hadoop config(do I need to change /etc/hosts???)-still getting 127.0.0.1 in logs
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2010 20:34:19 GMT
I am trying to run a system with no DNS(they don't have one in this lab
L ).  Hopefully hbase/hadoop should still work fine, correct?

I am having a lot of trouble tracking down why 127.0.0.1 is being used
and why this shows up in hbase master logs...

2010-12-08 04:38:26,354 DEBUG
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZooKeeperWrapper

: Wrote master address 127.0.0.1:60000 to ZooKeeper

And

2010-12-08 04:38:29,899 INFO
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.ServerManager: Recei

ved start message from: localhost.localdomain,60020,1291808309865

2010-12-08 04:38:29,910 DEBUG
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZooKeeperWrapper

: Updated ZNode /hbase/rs/1291808309865 with data 127.0.0.1:60020

I am wondering if I need to tweak my /etc/hosts file?  I am not sure
what java call is being made inside hbase there though.

My /etc/hosts file has(which MATCHES above exactly!!!!
"localhost.localdomain")

127.0.0.1               localhost.localdomain localhost

::1             localhost6.localdomain6 localhost6

My conf files are pretty simple(and currently-though I would be bad in
production-I am sharing all config files through

a mount so all nodes mount the one config location...this is just for
ease of changing the files though).  What is wrong with

my config.  (I also share this same config with the client I run who
keeps looking up 127.0.0.1 as well as the master).  Am I

missing some kind of property override that comes from the defaults?  (I
mean, I see 0.0.0.0 but I tend to think hbase may

be doing a lookup and I need to fix my /etc/hosts file?)

Hdfs-site.xml

<configuration>

<property>

  <name>hadoop.tmp.dir</name>

  <value>/opt/data/hadoop</value>

</property>

<property>

  <name>fs.default.name</name>

  <value>hdfs://206.88.43.8:54310</value>

</property>

<property>

  <name>dfs.replication</name>

  <value>8</value>

</property>

</configuration>

Mapred-site.xml

<configuration>

<property>

  <name>mapred.job.tracker</name>

  <value>hdfs://206.88.43.4:54311</value>

</property>

<property>

  <name>mapred.child.java.opts</name>

  <value>-Xmx512m</value>

</property>

</configuration>

<configuration>

   <property>

      <name>hbase.rootdir</name>

      <value>hdfs://206.88.43.8:54310/hbase</value>

      <description>The directory shared by region servers.

       Should be fully-qualified to include the filesystem to use.

       E.g: hdfs://NAMENODE_SERVER:PORT/HBASE_ROOTDIR

      </description>

   </property>

   <property>

      <name>hbase.master</name>

      <value>206.88.43.8:60000</value>

      <description>The host and port that the HBase master runs at.

      </description>

   </property>

   <property>

    <name>hbase.cluster.distributed</name>

    <value>true</value>

    <description>The mode the cluster will be in. Possible values are

      false: standalone and pseudo-distributed setups with managed
Zookeeper

      true: fully-distributed with unmanaged Zookeeper Quorum (see
hbase-env.sh)

    </description>

  </property>

  <property>

      <name>hbase.zookeeper.quorum</name>

      <value>206.88.43.8,206.88.43.4</value>

      <description>Comma separated list of servers in the ZooKeeper
Quorum.

      For example,
"host1.mydomain.com,host2.mydomain.com,host3.mydomain.com".

      By default this is set to localhost for local and
pseudo-distributed modes

      of operation. For a fully-distributed setup, this should be set to
a full

      list of ZooKeeper quorum servers. If HBASE_MANAGES_ZK is set in
hbase-env.

sh

      this is the list of servers which we will start/stop ZooKeeper on.

      </description>

    </property>

    <property>

      <name>hbase.zookeeper.property.dataDir</name>

      <value>/opt/data/zookeeper</value>

      <description>Property from ZooKeeper's config zoo.cfg.

      The directory where the snapshot is stored.

      </description>

    </property>

</configuration>

attachments from your system.