hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Gray <jg...@fb.com>
Subject RE: [RFC] Deployment layout and server configurations
Date Fri, 17 Dec 2010 06:11:26 GMT
Hey Imran,

This looks reasonable but it's hard to say without knowing what the read/write workload is
like.  You say all searches are done using Solr... will that also be hosted on these servers?

One thing.  It looks like you have two servers for ZK?  ZK should always be run in odd numbers
(1, 3, 5, or 7).  For a cluster of this size, you are already sensitive to a failure of the
NN so you could just put ZK on the master node.  It has RAID so you won't be sensitive to
a single disk failure.  Otherwise 3 nodes.

JG