hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Gray <jg...@fb.com>
Subject RE: Confusion on the role of regionserver
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2010 04:56:48 GMT
The 5 RS will be connecting to all 10 DNs.  However, when writing to HDFS the first replica
always goes to the local node.  Because of this, the 5 DNs that are hosting the 5 RS could
potentially have more data than the other 5 DNs.

In almost all installations I've been a part of the #RS == #DN so I don't much practical experience
with how this might behave.

JG