hbase-user mailing list archives

From Claudio Martella <claudio.marte...@tis.bz.it>
Subject Re: incremental counters and a global String->Long Dictionary
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2010 21:45:40 GMT
Ok, I read it as the non existence of the column, not the whole key. My bad.

On 12/2/10 10:43 PM, Stack wrote:
> I think it does already Claudio:
>
> http://hbase.apache.org/docs/r0.89.20100924/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/HTable.html#checkAndPut(byte[],
> byte[], byte[], byte[], org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.Put)
>
> St.Ack
>
> On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 7:42 AM, Claudio Martella
> <claudio.martella@tis.bz.it> wrote:
>> Hi Ryan,
>>
>> yes that would help for sure. Shouldn't this feature be documented?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>> On 12/1/10 4:03 AM, Ryan Rawson wrote:
>>> CheckAndPut interprets a 'null' value argument as a check for
>>> existence.  That is if you set the expected value to null it will only
>>> succeed if the value does not exist.
>>>
>>> Would that help?
>>>
>>> -ryan

hash code for the word.  Your word space should be significantly smaller than 64 bits, so
a good hash algorithm (the top 64 bits of sha1 say) should make collisions extremely rare.
 And, if you can always check your dictionary later for collisions if this feels wrong.
dependent integer mapping for your dictionary.  And, it is somewhat recoverable if you ever
lose your dictionary for some reason.

of Italian Legislative Decree no. 196 of 30 June 2003, we inform you that we process your
personal data in order to fulfil contractual and fiscal obligations and also to send you information
regarding our services and events. Your personal data are processed with and without electronic
means and by respecting data subjects' rights, fundamental freedoms and dignity, particularly
with regard to confidentiality, personal identity and the right to personal data protection.
At any time and without formalities you can write an e-mail to privacy@tis.bz.it in order
to object the processing of your personal data for the purpose of sending advertising materials
and also to exercise the right to access personal data and other rights referred to in Section
7 of Decree 196/2003. The data controller is TIS Techno Innovation Alto Adige, Siemens Street
n. 19, Bolzano. You can find the complete information on the web site www.tis.bz.it.