hbase-user mailing list archives

From Dieter Reuter <dieter.reu...@me.com>
Subject Re: hadoop vs hbase version
Date Mon, 20 Dec 2010 12:19:09 GMT
Hi Pete,

I'm already trying to set up a HBase/Hadoop cluster on an ESXi 4.1 server. But until now,
I just installed the basic server with ESXi 4.1 and I'm running my first tests with the Cloudera
training VM.
What linux version do you use for the HBase/Hadoop nodes?

BTW, dashes in hostnames shouldn't cause any problems, except there are some bugs in the shell
scripts used by hadoop/hbase - but I can't believe that.
I'll try to verify it, maybe later in this week, when I'm ready to install my test nodes.

Dieter